10/12/24

Good morning.


The workweek was pretty decent.  I received an on-site interview request for Monday, October 21st at 2 p.m. for the QC I position, so that's pretty exciting - keeping my fingers and toes crossed!  Went out yesterday and got my oil and filter changed at the dealership and did grocery shopping.  I decided on making hamburger steaks this week for dinner.  Jason will get roasted red-skin potatoes and I will be doing butternut squash.  I brought some French-style green beans and will be adding bacon pieces.  We applied for the $750 FEMA assistance and got approved; already got the money, so that helps out a lot.  When I got home from grocery shopping yesterday, I helped Jay's dad apply for it as well.  Thursday night, we had the pleasure of seeing the Northern lights here in South Carolina - they weren't as strong as seeing them in the North but they were still beautiful.






Jay and I went out for Chinese food last night and watched the movie IF.  He also wanted to see The Beekeeper with Jason Statham, so I put that on for him.  I already seen it and tried to stay awake to watch it with him, but ended up falling asleep.  I'm going to see if he wanted to try the Boba tea shop near us this morning - they open up at 10:30 a.m. and then I want to make a quick run to Ace Hardware and get some flex tape (we have a hole in our vinyl siding in our carport), a small container of bleach (for cleaning) and a can of Rust-oleum primer so I can start prepping the 3D prints my cousin sent me for painting.  Other than that, not much going on this weekend.  We decided that this weekend was going to be a cozy, lazy weekend in.  I made an apple Cinnabon cinnamon bun dessert because well, Fall.  No, it's not on my diet, but it's Fall so that's my unjustified excuse and of course I'm going to watch Hocus Pocus again this weekend because, why not?




Other than that, just going to hang around the house and relax, do some light household chores here and there.  Oh, and my family in Florida is safe from hurricane Milton which I'm so incredibly grateful for - some people weren't so lucky.  My prayers continue for those affected by both Helene and Milton!

Post a Comment

© A Bright Sunshiny Day. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.