Thanksgiving 2022 - The Prequel

It's 9:35 p.m. as I'm composing these thoughts.  I'm getting this post out of the way because I want to eliminate as much stress on myself as possible tomorrow - it's already going to be hard enough.  So, when you read this post, it will already be Thanksgiving.  As previously mentioned, we have decided not to celebrate holidays until further notice.  It does NOT mean that we are not thankful or grateful for anything - it's just that we wouldn't feel right celebrating the holidays without mom.  She is the heart of our holidays and traditions.  I'm choosing to stay off of social media - I already by default can't be with my own, blood family so with my other mom being in critical condition in the hospital, I don't need a double dose of depression, especially on the holidays.  I don't want to see the mushy family posts right now, knowing I can't do the same.  It's not that I'm not happy for others who can...it's just difficult to explain is all.  The only ones who can understand are the ones who have gone through it themselves.  It sucks.


Jay, dad and I are going up in the morning to visit with mom for Thanksgiving and then we are coming back to town for lunch at our local Chinese buffet.  We may or may not spend some time at dads afterwards then come home and spend some quality time together.  That's the plan.


What are you thankful for?


I'm thankful as always for having a soulmate who loves me and cares about me unconditionally.  I'm thankful for the family and friends that do love me for who I am and care about me unconditionally.  I'm thankful and so incredibly grateful for what I do have.  And last but certainly not least, I'm SO thankful that my mom is doing better and better each day in the hospital, and I hope that she continues on that path.  God is working wonders on her through our prayers to him.


I hope that you all have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!


/Side Note: Jason and I will be celebrating our 12-year anniversary on Saturday, the 26th! 😍 I'm so excited!

Post a Comment

© A Bright Sunshiny Day. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.