My Serotonin Done Took a Hiatus

Well, we never got to have that meeting at the hospital on Tuesday.  Dad got a call that they were moving her come hell over high water.  Though we read some really shitty reviews on this place and didn't want her to go there, we went in with an open mind anyways - what choice did we really have?  Mom was moved around noon time on Monday to the post-acute "rehab" facility.  We gave her a day to get settled in (I had my first therapy appointment on Monday anyway) and we went up to see her on Tuesday.  We were not impressed with the facility itself, but the staff seem exceptionally great so far - from what we can tell, they sound like they are going to come up with a good plan for her.  Also, UNBELIVABLE difference in her from the hospital to the rehab center.  


When we went to go see her on Tuesday, she had her eyes open, she squeezed our hands, she responded to things we were asking her.  It was a wonderful visit.  There are some issues I see going on with her eyes and it concerns me.  She is able to focus her eyes in on us, but her eyes wander off in a disturbing way - I'm not really sure what to make of it.  Her team is going to develop an extensive individualized plan for her and then meet with us about it.  They even will allow me to take a pet in the facility to see her - so eventually we will take Isabelle (Jason and I's first fur baby) to go see her as she is the most mellowed personality cat that we have between our three and their two that would be appropriate to have visit with her.  Like I said, we aren't happy with the appearance of the facility, but it's considerably clean and the staff seem competent and prompt with their abilities.  The goal is to get her better to come home, so this arrangement is just meant to be temporary.


Monday, I had my initial consult with the new therapist.  The area in which her office is located is not the best area, but I'm learning that you can't judge a book by its cover.  Our session was an hour and that's standard.  I provided her with an overview of my issues, she performed an anxiety assessment and I believe a PTSD assessment.  According to the results, I have severe anxiety and moderate PTSD.  We went over what my goals are and what my requirements were.  She claims she can dedicate to my case and schedule me weekly for the most part so I'm going to give it an honest try.  She's also okay with me being a long-term patient.  This happening to mom absolutely broke me to a whole other level - usually I can doctor myself and manage, but it's beyond my control at this point.  After therapy, I went to get bloodwork done for my wellness check for my insurance so I can save money - my cholesterol is high...go figure!


I made some cod this week for our dinners with egg noodles and veggies.  It came out good.  I've been having a hard week and have been staying in bed a lot so far this week...I need to find some motivation to get working on my house before I return to work January 3rd.  I've got so much organizing to do - need to get rid of shit that I don't need any more, put things away that I don't need out, etc.



Jay has to work this weekend which sucks because I was looking forward to him being home, but I guess that's life.  He may also have to work inventory after months of them saying it was only going to be team leads and supervisors.  That's what frustrates people the most is that you can never make plans outside of work because the place never knows what they are doing - it's sad and it wears people out.  Next week is his last week of work until January 3rd.


But yeah, this week's just been shit in regard to my mental health.  I know it will get better, I just need some time to stay in the bed and get some rest.  Since Jay has to work on Saturday, we will go see mom on Sunday and visit with her for a while.  I bought her a few nice things - a soft, pink fuzzy blanket to keep warm, a nice pair of purple slippers with gold lace design that are insulated and a Rudolf and his girlfriend plushie set.  I'm going to bring her the blanket and slippers on Sunday but the plushies are going to wait until she gets home.


I have to go get Jason and I's dinner prepared now.  I will post again soon. x

Post a Comment

© A Bright Sunshiny Day. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.