Friday Catchup: Nothing too Interesting Today but Eat your Heart Out

 *Sighs*


Tuesday, we got a phone call from dad that mom and about fourteen others in the facility tested positive for Covid so because I had been feeling like complete shit, Jason and I decided to go get tested at our local urgent care.  Low and behold, Jason tested positive (even though he barely had any symptoms) and I tested negative, having had a terrible migraine the last day or so.  Make that make sense, right?  Due to having tried everything to get rid of the migraines, I gladly accepted a shot of Toradol in my ass.  That shot pretty much resolved the migraine issue and since, I've had very minimal symptoms.  Mom is on Covid lockdown for ten days which puts us at Christmas Eve before we can see her again.  Jason and I's quarantine is over on Sunday.  No one in the facility is displaying symptoms, I guess they had just tested positive when they performed a routine Covid test.  Wednesday, I got to cleaning off/out my nightstand and did some other light cleaning on my side of the bed.  However, I've been dealing with some issues with being constipated and having a gnawing pain in my right side, so I've been doing a lot of resting these past couple days.


Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I may try to work on a few more things tomorrow.  I know Jason wants to get outside at some point and clean up the yard some.  Sunday, we have to go grocery shopping and I need to pick up some medication refills at the pharmacy.  I finally ordered some body butters from a small business I found on Tiktok called 'Ashanti Collection'.  I ordered five scents: Banana Puddin', Cinnabon, Hot Apple Pie, Blueberry Pie and Gingerbread.  I received them in the mail today and of course I had to try the Banana Puddin' one first - so far, I'm impressed!  These body butters smell amazing!



No one has told Jason whether or not he had to work inventory and apparently his primary supervisor was fired yesterday, so he didn't know whether or not if he needed to call in.  We tried to call HR and ask what he should do but no one answered the phone.  He would've just called in, but he wasn't even told whether or not he had to work it, much less a time so he knew how far in advance to call in.  In all actuality, it shouldn't matter anyways because quarantine is five days, he submitted the documentation to nursing stating he tested positive, and he called in the first two days due to it being a regular schedule.  Then we find out that they are changing our work schedules at the end of January to where they are doing away with third shift, as well as they are tacking on thirty minutes to our shift because they don't want to pay us anymore for our break.  Our new work schedules will have Jason and I going in and getting off at the same time, however, we are not going to like getting off at 12:30 a.m.  He was 2-10pm and I was 3-11pm and now we will both be 4-12:30 a.m.  First and second shift will have an hour and a half shift gap between the two shifts so parking shouldn't be an issue at least.


Jason and I lowkey applied for two jobs each last night just to see what would happen - having an interview won't hurt to see what offers may or may not be there for us.




It's been getting colder, so this is how I've been spending most of my nights recently.  MIL bought me the robe and actual mom bought me the slippers; both are extremely comfortable.


My grandmother surprised me by telling me that she finally decided to go see a doctor and that she will be getting a full workup.  Thank GOD - I've been trying to talk her into getting checked out, especially because of her age.  She was against it at first but came to her senses which I'm SO grateful for because I need her around as long as possible.  I value our relationship a lot - she means the absolute world to me.  Lincoln finally got my disability straightened out too, so thank God on that as well.  I was shorted the week prior and this week, I didn't get paid at all.  Next Friday I will get back paid for what was missed though.


Jason and I went out today to pay the mortgage and then we got Wendy's for lunch.  I haven't really been hungry the rest of the day due to being bloated and gassy with my stomach.  Pretty much I just worked on the cosmetics of my blog all day - I created both my header and my footer of my blogger as well as put a cute little frame around my sidebar picture of myself.




Post a Comment

© A Bright Sunshiny Day. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.