Thursday Thoughts: One Day at a Time

I know it's been a few weeks since I've last posted.  My therapist has me doing some homework which includes keeping a physical journal, so I have to get use to managing both my therapy journal and my personal blog.  I've also been taking care of some of the things that I've been wanting to get done around the house.  We went back to work Tuesday so that took some getting used to - especially with me having been off work for about two months.  The first day back was absolute hell.  Nothing ran like it was supposed to which as can be expected after a two-week shutdown.  After the first day back, I was already done for the whole year.  Yesterday went much smoother - busy but smoother.


Mom's back at the rehab center after having to go back to the hospital for having a blood clot in her lung.  She is doing much better now and will continue to work with physical therapy to reach her goals.  We have a care plan meeting for her this coming Wednesday to review what her goals are to be able to come back home.  We were supposed to have her care plan meeting a while ago, but the facility had caught Covid, then she went back to the hospital, and then they had a pipe burst at the facility and couldn't send her back to rehab right away.  It was just one thing after another.


We finally got a plumber to come out and fix the pipe to our hot water tank that cracked but the pilot light still won't light due to the wick getting wet so we have to wait for that to dry some before attempting to relight the pilot and if that doesn't work, we may need to have them replace the pilot light assembly...so here's to hoping it will relight once it's dried some.  It just cost us a pretty penny to have the pipe fixed...


Other than that, I've just been working with my therapist to identify my anxiety triggers since that seems to be the worst part of my PTSD.  Once I'm able to identify my triggers, she wants me to work on being able to change the negative thoughts I'm having surrounding those triggers.


I seen a couple of memes on Facebook that I really could appreciate:




Works been stressing me out with all the shit I've been hearing about these "changes" that they are supposed to be making and money has been tight toward the end of me coming off medical leave, especially having to dish out money for unexpected plumbing issues...


But I'm learning to take one day at time and to cross bridges when I arrive to them.  I'm starting to understand that a lot of my anxiety can be avoided due to realizing that when you're worried about something that hasn't even been verified 100%, you can flip a whole bunch of scenarios inside out and every which way when in reality, you don't even know what is going to happen until it happens and then you caused yourself nothing but a bunch of unnecessary anxiety because what is going to happen is going to happen - you can only control what you have control over and you just do your best to adjust accordingly to the events that happen at that time.  Otherwise, you'll drive yourself absolute batshit crazy.  I know that's easier said than done...TRUST ME, I know.  But it's highly beneficial to your well-being to practice taking one day at time and taking a few minutes to yourself to just breath and refocus your mind when things become too overwhelming.


Oh, I also got some new tattoos a couple weeks ago!





I'm going to try my best to keep up with my blog, but my therapy journal is priority over my blog as it's aiding me in sorting through my mental health struggles.  Blogging helps my mental health too, but my therapy journal is being monitored by an actual professional, so that's why it takes priority over the blog.

Post a Comment

© A Bright Sunshiny Day. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.