Weekly Rewind: It's Been A Tough Week

Man.  I really can't make this shit up.  Considering how much I'm trying to work on myself, it bothers me now when I have to share the not-so-positive aspects of my life.  But being human and being flawed, some shit is just inevitable.  I'm trying to remain positive through it all, but some days are just harder than others.  It seems like ever since we lost Jay's mom that I have been having this really terrible streak of bad luck.


I still haven't heard back about the quality position I applied for at my job.  After everything that I've been finding out, I don't have much confidence that I will be selected for the position.  At this point, it is what it is.  I also found myself in a situation at work the week before last which had me super stressed out, so much so that I was afraid that I was going to lose my job.  I was headed into work and was attempting to park my car.  Being permanently handicap, handicap parking is imperative for me, especially considering the pain that I've been in lately and the treatment that I'm about to undergo for my back.  I can't ever tell from day to day how I'm going to feel.  Well, when I turned the corner to park in front of the building, for some reason, they had handicap all tapped off.  There was only one parking space left in regular parking which would have been the second-best option for me to park in relation to the building.  I had someone tailing me in the parking lot, so I felt pressured to park.  They prefer you to back your car in.  While attempting the back up into the parking space at 5:45 in the morning, there were two or three times that I had to redirect my car because I was too close to the truck next to me.  I didn't think I hit anything but once I successfully parked, I went around to the back of my car and just made sure that I didn't have any damage.  So, I just went about my day.  When I went into work on Tuesday of this week, my supervisor called me into his office at the end of the shift to inquire about what happened.  He said that someone "allegedly" reported it - that they had seen it.


I told him pretty much what I stated above and that I didn't think I had hit anything and that if I did, of course I would have reported it.  HR is usually pretty good about sending e-mails out if parking is going to be unavailable and for this particular day, they did not.  After some of night shift had cleared out, I had relocated my car to a closer parking space that was closer to where I'd have to walk to my department.  Long story short, I asked him what will come of this, he said that he wasn't sure and that he wanted to get my side of the story and that he would need to consult with HR.  The next day I was able to get into the building, so I considered that a good thing.  Though, time was dwindling because I'm fixing to be on medical leave this coming week and I wouldn't be able to rest not knowing if I was going to have a job to return to.  I decided to go see him at the end of the shift Wednesday and just see if I could get any update on the situation.  I've been feeling sick over this whole situation and even offered to pay for any damages in result.  He said that HR was off until next week.  So, I then asked him if this was going to end up being a fireable offense.  He did confirm that it's not something that I was end up losing my job over.  I then asked him if it will be a disciplinary that will prevent me from applying for jobs for the next six months and he said that is what they are trying to determine.  I expressed that I understand the caliber of the situation and how very sorry I was.  Lastly, I asked if there were any damages to the other person's vehicle and he said not that they are aware of.  I'm relieved to a degree that they are going to spare me my job but I'm still disappointed in myself and still feel very bad for what happened.  I made a mental note to do better and will definitely report next time even if I'm not sure if I've done something.  Other than that, my table at work had a little bit of a rough day yesterday - they are coming down hard on us about the quota.  So over this past week for real.


The two most delicious meals of the week that I had at work.






Anyways, as for my weekend, the Rock the Country festival is in my town this weekend.  Therefore, I will be staying home for the most part except to go to my chiropractic appointment this morning, up on the other side of town to pick up some medicine for one of my cats and grocery shopping.  Jay and I may end up going out to get Chinese food since they have returned from their 2-month hiatus to go to China.  That's all for me.

Post a Comment

© A Bright Sunshiny Day. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.