The Past Week and It's Weekend

This past week went by quick as I had Monday off.  I got ahold of the podiatrist office finally and scheduled the remaining appointments I needed to have my other three toenails removed.  I'm leaving work every other Thursday starting this coming Thursday early so I can get another one removed.  Our dryer has been acting up.  Jay's dad and I tried to fix it this weekend, but we can't tell where the problem is coming from.  The units are around ten years old, so we are just going to buy a new unit.  Jay's dad is going to take all of the metal from the dryer for his own personal use and we may try to sell our washer.  We are purchasing a "one and done" unit, a unit that washes and dries all in one.  I went to Lowe's and took a look at it on Saturday with Jay's dad.  I fell in love with it, so I took Jay today to take a look at it and he fell in love with it too.  We are putting half down and financing the rest for 24-months no interest.




They have a sale on it right now, but we are going to wait until the first of the month because the manager said there might be a better sale.  She will give us whatever the better price will be - either this sale price or the one coming up, whichever is better.  But we are definitely buying it either way!  We are going Friday morning to make the purchase and set up the delivery and install!  Jay already applied for and got approved for the Lowe's credit card, so we are all set to go!  I had to dry our clothes at his dad's house yesterday because right now, we don't have a working dryer.  This all-in-one unit is going to save us space.  We are going to close off the dryer vent area and make something out of that area, most likely a laundry folding station.  Jason and I are also looking at buying new ceiling fans for the dining-room and bedroom as well.  Next on our list is a new bedroom set.


Jay had to fix our toilet in the main bathroom - it was leaking.  The tank bolts needed to be replaced.  I made macaroni salad, BBQ kielbasa and hotdogs for dinner for the week.  The hot air balloon festival is this weekend - Jay and I are going on Sunday because country music singer Martina McBride is playing for free at the civic center!  I can't wait!  My best-friend Laura and her fiancé might join us too.


I had my 90-day work review and it went well!  I also had my predictive index reading review and that went good as well.  I didn't agree with how it claimed I was an extrovert, but I agreed with the other aspects of it, like, being person of structure, requiring clear instruction, that I perform work quickly and accurately and that I have strong business ethics.  So, I have survived 90-days at Arthrex and am now out of probation!  I'll be working on the start-up of my new business for the remainder of the year that will be launching at the beginning of 2024!  There are SO many exciting things coming soon!  But yeah, that's how my week and its weekend went.  This weekend was a little hectic, especially because Jay had to work but we are winding down now and relaxing for the remainder of it.

Post a Comment

© A Bright Sunshiny Day. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.